Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop





  I love getting to know other exceptionable authors in this journey, sharing our inspirations, our thoughts on writing.  You can never know enough about a writer, I find. Curiosity consumes me. What drives someone to write? How do they do it? Does it come easily or is it an exhausting process? These are the questions most of us have to answer in pretty much every interview, the ones which are often so overdone, we don’t even stop to think as we type up the reply.
But you know what? You’ll learn much more about a person when you read about their work. Ask an author about their work and their eyes light up. The tone changes, there’s a fire behind those words. Try it. I often buy the books because I like the person.
So, how did I get here? Through an author I admire.

  Kristie Haigwood -  A big THANK YOU for contacting me and asking if I’d like to take part.  This whole amazing  thing originated on a site called  She Writes it is designed to raise awareness of our work, or work in progress. We do that by answering ten questions about it. We graciously thank the person who nominated us, and tag five other authors whose work could well be that NEXT BIG THING.


Okay now to the fun part

Q1: What is the working title of your current book?

I actually have two I'm working on - No Death For The Wicked and Chasing the Madness. 






Q2: Where did the idea for the book come from?

Well for No Death For The Wicked, it began when I was asked to be a part of a Halloween Anthology the story developed fairly quickly and took on a life of its own. Chasing the Madness,  surfaced from one of my unorthodox dreams jotted everything down when I awoke and the story expanded each day since then. 

Q3: What genre does your book fall under? 

Paranormal Romance NDFTW and for Chasing the Madness a dark-steampunk thriller


Q4: Which actors would you choose to play in a movie rendition? 

Okay, for the leading *man* in No Death For The Wicked named Graham, would definitely have to be Matt Bomer.  The leading female Mila Kunis as Mattie and for her mother Kim Basinger. 

For Chasing the Madness the leading female and male - Vivian and Jack the Ripper is still undetermined.  

Q5: What is the one sentence synopsis for your book? 

  NDFTW - A solitary vampire  prowls her way in the precarious world only to have death flirt with her at every turn. 

 Chasing the Madness - Twins separated by time,Victor is in the future chasing salvation, while the other, Vivian is in the past chasing madness known as Jack the Ripper.  


Q6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?  

Self-published. 

Q7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 


A couple of months for the initial layouts and details were completed for Chasing the Madness, but NDFTW only a few weeks to have the first draft achieved. 


Q8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? 

I have difficulty pulling comparisons from other books, each one is so distinct that I am not sure that is fair for me to do.  I would be interested in hearing what one of my readers may think on that subject.  I do like putting a bit of romance and suspense together.


Q9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My inspiration comes from within.  I look inside myself to see where my heart pulls me.  I am being inundated with a desire to write, nothing external truly compaires to my drive from within.  I do pick up bits of inspiration from around me but that could be something as simple as a hot cup of steaming coffee sitting on the counter in my kitchen to the autumn leaves blowing across my yard.  I would say that inspiration is more of a state of mind than anything else. 


Q10: What else about your book might pique the readers' interest?  


I am hoping that my readers realize I will give them romance, suspense, and adventure no matter what the story setting may be.  My characters are strong but not infallible.  I strive for uniqueness and to pull my readers into a world that will give them a break from the reality of their own.  

Now that I’ve said just enough, I’d like to pass the torch to five deserving authors, and let them tell you all about their work. Their posts will bear the same title and will be live on or around the 30th of November. Here they are:













No comments:

Post a Comment